Word-of-mouth marketing is the most valuable marketing source compared to other types of marketing.
This strategy also does not end with a single interaction. If utilized correctly, one person will tell someone else, who will tell someone else, and so on, extending the loop and spreading knowledge much further.
So, how to create positive word-of-mouth marketing when customers shop on your store website? Let’s dive deeper into these solutions below.
1. Create exceptional customer service
To be willing to promote positive word-of-mouth (WOM), your consumer must be completely satisfied with your service. This means they love your product, the buying journey is enjoyable, and they have nothing to complain about your support & the follow-up.
Follow these three guidelines to provide exceptional customer service:
Selling high-quality products:
This may seem simple, but it is possibly the essential aspect of word-of-mouth marketing.
For a store owner, it’s common to be passionate about your own products. However, it is your consumers’ reviews, whether they are positive or negative, that matter.
Support your consumers in any way you can so that you can obtain their insight & find ideas to improve your products. This ensures you are selling something that can meet people’s needs.
Time after time, you will have high-quality products that people appreciate. As a result, there will be loyal consumers willing to recommend others to your business.
Superior UX layout and a straightforward ordering process.
A great UX design can boost your company’s conversion levels by 400%. Your clients will be pleased to return if you make your website and purchasing procedure easy to use on all devices.
Maintain a clean operation
If a consumer is unhappy with your product, they will undoubtedly spread the word, and many more will view it before deciding to buy your product. Have a strategy to correctly control your goods, handle client queries,while making them feel secure about your brand & service.
2. Encourage user-generated content (UGC)
User-generated content (UGC) is unique, brand-specific content developed by customers and shared on social networks or other platforms. Images, movies, reviews, testimonials, and even podcasts are examples of UGC.
- UGC is an excellent predictor of the value of a brand or service.
- UGC clips can boost marketing productivity by 20%.
- Millennials spend 5.4 hours per day consuming material published by their friends.
So, how can you encourage users to create content?
- Use a particular hashtag to highlight customer-created material.
- Encourage the creation and posting of photos, films, and gifs on media platforms. Provide a gift voucher, a deal, or a feature.
- Develop a connection. Display your user-generated material widely on your main profile or webpage.
3. Provide testimonials and reviews from customers
Publishing customer feedback on social media is an excellent method to increase brand trustworthiness while also raising the possibility that new clients and customers will pick you over other comparable businesses.
There are some advantages when it comes to including customer testimonials on your website:
- Create a reputation.
- Show social verification.
- Show how the brand’s issues/pain points can be handled.
- Brands could be humanized.
- Boost conversion
Testimonials can be textual or video, and they can be posted on your webpage or collected from other sources. Once you’ve collected your comments or reviews, include them in your marketing:
- Site-specific page
- Homepage and main pages
- Relevant brand pages
- Materials for generating leads
4. Customer referrals or referral bonuses
Offering your customers an opportunity to tell others about you might boost your word-of-mouth advertising.
Customer Referral will create a huge opportunity to scale up your revenue by offering attractive discounts for customers and their friends.
It’s a win-win relationship between you and your customers. They will refer your products to their friends and receive a discount for their purchasing decisions. Sales will increase, and your customers will also be happy.
Moreover, customer referrals will retain your customers in a buying-promoting-rewards loop. The workflow of customer referral is straightforward. A widget called Refer & Earn will be displayed on the store website, and when customers put their email address into it, they will get an invite link to refer the product to their friend.
Once their friend makes a purchase, the customer will earn rewards for each order. Therefore, the customer loyalty loop will be created.
With all the benefits listed above, integrating Customer Referral into the store website will make it a standout in the market compared to any competitor.
5. Consult key opinion leaders and influencers
Influencers are precisely what their title indicates: people with a large following base who has the ability to affect the ideas and behaviors of their followers.
Thanks to their previously earned reputations, word-of-mouth marketing from such experts are unquestionably the most beneficial.
- 40% of individuals have bought something online after seeing it used by an influencer on Instagram, Twitter, Vine, or YouTube.
- When making purchasing selections, 49% of respondents say they rely on suggestions from influencers.
- 73% of marketers say they have budgeted for influencer marketing.
How to Approach Influencers
- In your post, promote them or their goods conspicuously.
- Allow people to sample your products or services for free.
Positive word-of-mouth advertising can draw in a stream of specialized customers in the aforementioned ways.
It is all about developing trust and partnerships. The more recommendations you get from people who know and trust you, the larger your consumer base will be.
It’s not easy to convert your customers into enthusiastic fans. However, you may use the word-of-mouth marketing concepts outlined in this article to get your consumers buzzing.
Prioritize your customers and go above and beyond what you offer. Clients will be spreading the word about your company if you surprise them with your excellence.