Welcome back to another SimiCart’s technical tutorial. This guide will show you how to configure Turpentine-Varnish Cache. This is an extension that allows you to do a full page cache. You can try to search for the extension on Google and install it.
Log-in to your Magento Admin Panel and navigate to System > Configuration > TURPENTINE (in the left menu) > Varnish Options
- In the the Varnish Options window, make your configuration as the below parameters of General Options and click Save Config.
- In the Servers window, please insert your own Varnish Authentication Key (from the provider) with \n at the end and click Save Config.
Navigate to Caching Options > Backend
- Navigate to Normalization Options and make your configuration as the following and leave out the other options:
- Normalize Encoding = Enable
- Normalize User-Agent = Disable
- Normalize Host = Disable
Navigate to TTls and configure as the following:
- Set Grace Period (seconds) = 15
- Set Default Page TTL (seconds) = 3600
- Set Static File TTL (seconds) = 28800
- In the URL-based Caching, Parameter-based Caching, Static Caching and Maintenance Mode window, make your configuration as below
- When you have done with all of your configuration, click Save Config to complete your Magento Caching process.
- In order to work varnish with SSL connection, please navigate to System > Configuration > Web. In the Secure window fill SSL-OFFLOADED into Offloader header field then click Save Config.
- Clear your Magento Admin and SSH cache and check if you see x-cache: HIT under the headers field in order to verify if varnish is working.