Magento: an open-source, full-featured e-commerce software
Magento is one of the most powerful e-Commerce platforms around the world. If you need a completely customizable online store, Magento has your back. As an open-source e-commerce software, Magento lets you tailor-make any aspect of your e-commerce website, giving you an online store that looks, feels and works exactly the way you want it to. It’s also a great option if you own or plan to run more than one online store, as you can manage them all from one Magento dashboard.
Magento offers everything you need to launch and manage your e-commerce business. With a focus on growth and scalability, Magento also provides a wide range of tools to help you boost traffic, sales and customer engagement.
Don’t be hurried!
However, Magento can be fairly complex for beginners. It’s also pretty much purely e-Commerce, so probably not ideal for most marketing strategies. But if you know what you’re doing with it, this platform creates some beautiful, fully customised online stores which can be incredibly powerful from a digital marketing point of view.
Remember that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for e-commerce. It all depends on your needs, the number of products, and the capabilities you want to integrate into your new site. The world of e-commerce has a huge range of available solutions.
First you need to know the pros & cons of Magento:
- Fantastic for e-Commerce sites
- Huge variety of features and functions
- Very complex – steep learning curve in order to take advantage of it
- Almost purely e-Commerce – not great for other types of websites
Magento is best suited for businesses that have the time and patience to learn how to properly use it or have access to good developers. For most users, the various features and functions are more likely to cause confusion and make the running of an online store more difficult.
Then you need to answer some following questions:
- Would you like to work with a professional web dev company or build web yourself?
- Are you looking to get your products online fast or are you looking to have a flexible custom solution with total control for enhanced UX?
- Do you want to sell outside of your country? Are you looking for a hosted e-commerce solution Is SEO performance a top priority?
- Will you be running multiple stores?
- How important is support?
- What is your budget?
- Is SEO a top priority?
- What is your e-commerce content strategy?
- Do you need to integrate your e-commerce with anything else?
Whether you’re selling products, services or digital downloads, you need an e-commerce software product that fits your online store’s unique needs and requirements. Our staff researched and reviewed an extensive collection of e-commerce and shopping cart software, and picked out what we believe are the top ones for different types of small e-commerce businesses.