Why do you need a Shopify page builder?
Shopify is one of the most powerful eCommerce platforms for retailers, especially those in the B2C industry to build an online store with lots of built-in features and available tools. However, that doesn’t mean Shopify is the magic tool that helps you build your website effortlessly from A to Z. When it comes to page building, the available themes and templates are quite limited, and the default options can be restrictive sometimes.
That’s why Shopify page builder will become a practical weapon that you cannot miss to enhance your Shopify store appearance. Page builder app lets you easily drag and drop all Shopify page types (landing pages, homepages, product pages, story pages, etc) as wished without any coding and design expertise. Also, it gives you access to lots of beautifully pre-made templates to save time and effort and provides you with many additional features to help you track data and conversion rate at your store pages.
What makes the best Shopify page builder?
Yes, there are many available page builder apps for Shopify out there, so how can we compile this list for you? There are some certain features that a wonderful Shopify page builder should qualify for to help you design your own professional and beautiful Shopify shop:
- Ease of use: You can effortlessly drag and drop all pages in your Shopify store without any coding or design skills required.
- Pre-made templates: The pre-made templates should be varied for many industries and fully customizable with huge element libraries.
- Responsiveness: Customers now don’t browse your Shopify store with their PCs or computers only. You need to make sure your appealing pages work perfectly on other smart devices as well.
- SEO-friendly: A great app takes care of SEO factors, such as title, descriptions, images, page load to optimize your Shopify shop for better rankings on search engines.
- Data tracking: How many visitors have come to your site but left unnoticed? Track their customer journey to better convert leads into customers thanks to third-party integrations (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, etc.).
- Customer support: When an issue arises, you’re surely in need of professional help. 24/7 access to support is essential for you to resolve unexpected problems.
Best Shopify Page Builders for your store
Automizely Page Builder is a completely free app with all features needed to help you build and customize your Shopify store.
You have full ability to create all pages from scratch or customize pre-made templates, edit and publish a responsive page in approx. 5 minutes without any coding or technical expertise needed. Their editor is fairly simple to use, with either individual blocks or flexible drag-and-drop options. Automizely templates are designed and coded by their professional UX/UI experts. You can enjoy some premium features such as track key page metrics, or advanced style settings without paying anything, making this app an ideal option for any Shopify business.
Rating: 4.9 (570+ reviews)
- Create all types of pages
- Hundreds of pre-defined templates designed and coded by UX/UI experts
- Provide endless options for page design
- Customize the landing pages with advanced text, color, and font functionalities
- Display attractive product recommendations on pages
- Analytics dashboard to track key page metrics: visitors, add to cart percentage, total subscribers
PageFly Landing Page Builder is a comprehensive tool suitable for both small and medium-sized businesses thanks to the extensive element library and page section with a lot of available templates for a variety of business types.
One outstanding feature of Pagefly compared to other Shopify page builders is that they provide Product/Collection Assignments to help you build all your pages in bulk, which saves you a lot of time when you design your product pages. Though their Free plan allows you to build only 1 page per type, you can experience all its available page builder features and page analytics to make a decision on upgrading to other paid plans or not.
Rating: 4.9 (5800+ reviews)
- Powerful and effective element library and page sections
- Create all page types at ease
- Build storefront in bulk or single page
- Various content display types
- Fully compatible with Shopify and Online Store 2.0
- 24/7 Support
- Silver: $19/month
- Gold: $39/month
- Platinum: $99/month
Shogun’s website elements library gives you the full ability to design all page types with simple drag and drop functionality. For all plans, you can enjoy the best SEO functions to optimize your Shopify store for search and the marketing toolkit with AB testing, discount tags, countdown timers, etc.
The Shogun support team seems truly dedicated since they take all the issues reported by customers into the highest priority and make an all-out effort to mitigate the problem via email/phone.
Rating: 4.7 (2580+ reviews)
- Full website elements library
- Create and edit unlimited number of pages with 30+ templates
- Image compression and lazy loading tools
- Available marketing tools: Content, SEO, email capture, testing
- 24/7 access to support
- Multi third-party integration partners
Price: 10-day free trial
- Starter: $19/month
- Build: $39/month
- Measure: $99/month
- Optimize: $149/month
LayoutHub’s goal is to provide the easiest page builder tool for any Shopify business owners, especially those having no coding skills and no design experience. You can select any layout or blocks designed by UX/UI experts from their library to build up all pages in your store, and they plan to release around 30 to 50 new designs per month to give you more options.
LayoutHub does include the SEO features, but there is no data tracking or marketing tools for you to utilize. Their price is relatively lower than Shogun’s, so this might be a good selection for small businesses with little or no coding skills.
Rating: 4.9 (1920+ reviews)
- Support many design styles
- High-speed page
- Compatible with all Shopify Themes and Apps
- Responsive and compatible with all devices
- 30 to 50 new layouts update per month
- Basic: $14.99/month
- Pro: $29.99/month
- Premium: $59.99/month
Shopify Page Builder by Zipify is the app charging the highest fee on our list. This might be because every page in their template is selected from a tested campaign that has generated millions of sales. You can utilize all these proven templates to customize any page type with great additional features, such as cross-sale, collections, order bumps, and opt-in features.
Zipify app appears to focus more on the marketing aspect compared to other page builder apps for Shopify. There are many powerful tools to help you track and compare data, optimize SEO, and integrate with third-party such as Google and Facebook. Zipify Pages Builder & Editor will be a perfect match for medium-sized stores with sustainable business growth.
Rating: 4.7 (540+ reviews)
- Easily customize any page type
- Marketing tools included
- New templates added regularly
- Improve SEO
- Mobile responsiveness
- Live chat support for plus plan
Price: 14-day free trial
- Basic: $67/month
- Plus: $97/month
Page Studio Page Builder gives you a brilliant drag and drop interface to help you move all the blocks into any kind of Shopify page. Though the app is built for store owners without coding skills, you can still make changes to the code with advanced editor mode.
All the pages created are fully responsive and mobile-ready, and you can see how your shop will look when you design them. Page Studio app contains some SEO techniques to improve your store rankings. There are no data tracking features or marketing tools included, but the reasonable price still makes this app a good page builder option for your Shopify store.
Rating: 4.3 (310+ reviews)
- Powerful page builder
- A library of stunning premade layout templates
- SEO features
- Fast-loading pages
- Advanced editor for developers
- 100% responsive for any device
Price: $8.99/month. 14-day free trial
Similar to LayoutHub, Hypervisual also aims at simplicity to make the Shopify page building process become easier than ever. Rather than introducing a lot of available templates, Hypervisual advances all the elements that you need to customize your own Shopify store, such as videos, images, or product collections.
Other additional features, such as data tracking or SEO are really useful. Your store will be connected directly with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel, and they make sure all the page content will be indexed by Google.
Rating: 4.9 (110+ reviews)
- Embed add to cart forms for products or entire collections
- SEO-friendly page content
- Built-in email opt-in forms
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel integration
- No Hypervisual branding
Price: 14-day free trial
- Merchant: $9.95/month
- Pro: $24/month
- Ultimate: $49/month
Buildify is a go-to Shopify page builder for those who don’t have a lot of time, as they have 50+ free templates with appealing designs for you to choose from. All these templates go with more than 80 widgets and you are free to add, edit, delete or duplicate elements without any changes in the code.
Buildify supports a live preview mode to help you view your designed page before publishing, and they have 3 options of image dimension to make sure your store content will look good on all devices.
Rating: 4.5 (70+ reviews)
- 50+ free page templates and 80+ widgets
- Engage social media easily
- Live preview mode
- Check how the page looks on different devices
- Get full access to the site’s source code (HTML, CSS, JS)
Price: 7-day free trial
- Starter: $9.99/month
- Advanced: $19.99/month
- Unlimited: $29.99/month
There’s no perfect app that fits all Shopify stores, and you might have to overcome several trials and errors to decide on the best one. From completely free to fairly high-paid plans, we hope that you can select the best page builder that greatly improves your storefront and supports business growth at your Shopify store.