Mobile shopping apps has rapidly become the dynamic and innovative channel for reinforcing brand awareness and customer loyalty. However, complexity and cost of building an app have led store owners to abandon this task and ignore the importance of the mobile shopping apps
It is undeniable that building the first mobile shopping apps can be a challenging experience for a non-technical web-store owner with a lot of confusing options. The big question is if you should build it yourself, hire an app developer, or just use app builder. In this post we will find out pros and cons of each option to build your own mobile shopping apps.
Cost of building mobile shopping apps
- Build app by yourself: It’s 0$ if you build app by yourself and you can invest your budget for other activities or channels. There are many step-by-step tutorials which guide users with no technical knowledge to create an app and publish it
There are many step-by-step tutorials which guide users with no technical knowledge
to create mobile shopping apps and publish it.
- Hire app developer: App developers vary in price, according to level of experience. The average hour rate of app developers is about $20-$30 and you should be ready to pay for about 60-100 hours of their work. So a simple app goes for $1200 or $3000. If you need their support after publishing your app such as updating new content, customizing further features, fixing some complicated bugs…you may be required to pay additional charges.
- Use app builder: The services of a app builder with a big team of professional developers, marketers and managers would cost around $800 and more. Most app builders have monthly subscription plans, which costs you even more in the long term.
Time of building mobile shopping apps
- Build app by yourself: Building an mobile shopping app requires a lot of work, from adding features, connecting mobile payment gateways, design customization, search engine optimization,… you should expect to spend solid weeks building a basic app.
- Hire app developer: Working with freelancer, you need to spend time to give a description of your ideal app and explain all your requirements. Developers and store owners often find it really hard to collaborate together, and rarely have the same idea. It’ll be very time consuming for explanations and discussions, it may takes more hours than creating app.
Working with freelancer, you need to spend time to give a description of your ideal app
and explain all your requirements
- Use app builder: App builder with their available options and packages is basically a magic solution for non-technical store-owners to create their app with just little time and effort. Their professional developers will give you recommendations on the mobile interface, user experience, additonal feaures,…
Features of mobile shopping apps
- Build app by yourself: Though you can Google everything but with a tight budget, no experience in coding and app development and with not enough knowledge of UX, UI you will be able to build only limited number of features for your app.
- Hire app developer: Hiring a developer helps you to create a mobile app that’s both highly usable and unique. However, it relies heavily on experience and skill of freelancer. If your aim is to create a mobile app that will have rich features and functionalities, consider working with a qualified coder to make that vision a reality.
- Use app builder: The main advantage of app builder is their options that allow you to pick both basic and advanced features, moreover you can customize them easily and promptly with full control over how your app would work. If you need to make a heavy-featured mobile app, there is no better choice than choosing a nice app builders.
App builder with their available options and packages is basically a magic solution
for non-technical store-owners to create their app with just little time and effort.
Security of mobile shopping apps
One drawback to hiring developers is potential flight-risk. It’s really hard to find an honest, proven developers while when you share login information and administration role to them, they can do everything with both your webstore and your mobile app. You don’t have the same security that you do when you build app by your self or use a mobile app development company.
[yellowbox]A word of caution: Before hiring freelancers, you first need take a long hard look at their contact information, portfolio, even check Google to find more information and reviews about them.[/yellowbox]
Which Should You Go For ?
Which options would be best for you? If you want to build and manage your own app, decide if you have the time to do it. If you want an unique app, decide if you trust your developer and are willing to pay a lot of money for him. If you want to protect and professionalize your app and save your time and energy, decide if you afford to invest in an app builder.
WHAT IS THE PERFECT SOLUTION?
If you want to create an unique app by your own, within 2 weeks, no technical skill required, and at only $299, SimiCart is your right choice.
SimiCart is an mobile app platform that allows users to build their app by adding adding available themes and plugins. SimiCart assisted thousands of Magento store owners in creating app effortless even without the usage of any coding experience (see SimiCart’s showcase). It has almost advantages of 3 ways to build app that I mentioned above: low cost – one time payment, little time to create app, rich features and functions, no need to share security information.
If you are going to build your mobile shopping apps, try to build with SimiCart. Get started for FREE!