How to Manage Reviews and Ratings in Magento 2
It’s now easier than ever for customers to tell others about their best (and worst) experiences, this means good user reviews by satisfied customers are as good as word-of-mouth publicity of your products and services. Online reviews are today’s word of mouth, and they can make or break your business.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how you can add custom ratings and reviews for a product in Magento 2.
Basically, there are 2 steps to manage your product’s reviews and ratings: (1) Add a new rating criteria and (2) Add a new review.
Add a new Rating Criteria
First, you need to add a new rating criteria so that customers will be able to rate you when submitting a review. For example, we will create a criteria called Service.
- In your Magento 2 backend, go to Stores > Rating
- Click Add New Rating.
- Enter the Criteria you want in Default Value field, in this case Service, then set the visibility to Default Store View. Also, please set the new rating criteria Active, choose the store view in Rating Visibility section, and choose the Sort Order.
- Then, click Save Rating and a new criteria is created.
Add a new Review
- In your Magento 2 backend, go to Marketing > Reviews.
- In this section, you can add a custom review or select from the user submitted reviews to hide or show them on your website. By clicking edit, you can find details of a review.
- The reviews’ details are shown with title, review, product, accounts, email, ratings, and status which you can change to approved in order to add the review.
- You can also edit the fields below the Status dropdown button, including the author’s Nickname, Summary of Review, and the Review.
- You can edit all the fields as you want to make the review looks real on your website. Pay attention to grammatically and spelling mistakes, it’d help your website looks more professional. Once you’re done, click Save Review to add the review. This will make it visible on the front-end in the Reviews tab below the product.
Customer reviews is a key part of building your business reputation. Hope this helps you build yours!
A knowledge craver who always strive to be wiser everyday.