Magento mobile preview app – Even before publishing our mobile application, it is possible to test it on mobile devices using the Magento Store Mobile application provided by the Magento company, which is available for free download on App Store/Google Play.
How To Do It…
1. Open your App Store/Google Play application from your mobile device and search for the Magento Store Mobile application developed by Magento Inc., and download it to your mobile device.
2. Start the Magento Store Mobile app and the main login screen will be shown.
3. In the first textbox, enter the URL or your Magento website, for example:
4. In the second textbox, enter the auto generated App Code from Magento Admin Panel (for example, defand1). You will find that the code by logging in inside the Magento admin area with your browser, and navigating to the Mobile | Manage Apps screen. App Code is shown in the following screenshot in one of the columns on the grid:
5. Touch the Continue button on the device to connect with your store. The home screen will be shown with the listed categories we assigned to our mobile Store View.
6. Navigate through the categories, info, user account, products list, and product detail screens on device to see how your defined application will look like.
7. Log in to the Magento store admin area and through Mobile | Manage apps, open the application edit screen.
Try to change some Design, Color theme settings or add/remove some navigation tabs to/from your app. After saving the changes, you will have to close and open the Previewer app again on the mobile device to see the changes.
How it works…
The Magento Store Mobile app is made exactly the same way as your application will look, with the difference being that it has a login screen, so that you can preview any defined application on any URL. Your application will not have the login screen and your store will be immediately shown when the user opens the app on a mobile device.
Every time the Magento Mobile Preview application is opened, it loads configuration data from our website and it is displayed accordingly to our configuration.
You can test social networks integration along with some other options from inside the preview application by navigating to the product list inside the mobile app. Just touch and hold a finger on some specific product and a popup menu with several options will appear. If the social networks integration is properly configured, you will see the Share It link on the popup menu, and will be able to share that specific product on chosen social networks.
SimiCart is a solution that helps Magento Merchants build mobile shopping apps.
- Magento merchants: Our solution is specially designed for Magento platform so you can get all the best features of Magento to apps. If you use a solution for every platform you’remissing many good things.
- Mobile shopping apps: You will have apps that are coded separately and specifically for iPhone and android. Your customers can search and download your shopping apps from Google Play and Apple stores. And again, such tailored apps will bring the best user experience!
Some more useful posts: