Driven by mobile shopping apps, the global mCommerce revenue is expected to reach $3.56 trillion by 2021, with an average year-over-year growth rate of 33.8% and showing no sign of slowing down anytime soon. This is why you’re seeing every brand that has a dime to their name owns a mobile shopping app, and brands who don’t find themselves struggling to stay relevant in today’s competitive market.
And since you’re already here, let’s cut to the chase and talk about mobile app development for Magento websites. Currently, there are two ways you can go about developing your Magento mobile apps, both with their own pros and cons: By using existing solutions on the market (e.g,. Mobile App Builder) or by hiring a mobile app development company.
1. Hiring a Mobile Development Company
As you should expect, a mobile app development company should have the development skill to convert your Magento website into a feature-packed, bug-free, and engaging mobile shopping app. Moreover, with a mobile app development company, you get a highly personalized development plan that places your needs at the centerplace.
However, because of the massive amount of work involved in building a custom mobile shopping app, this approach certainly won’t be cheap and your time-to-market will be counted in the matter of months. And unless you go with an experienced Magento solution provider, your mobile app will face some incompatibility issues with Magento.
- Create a unique app.
- Have the source code to customize by yourself.
- Create as many features as you want.
- Takes time. Sometimes, you must wait about 3 months to finish the app.
- High cost.
- Difficult to integrate with Magento.
2. Using Existing Solution
There are existing solutions available on the market which can help make creating a Magento mobile app a whole lot easier for you. For example, with SimiCart Mobile App Builder, you need only to integrate the extension into your Magento website and configure everything—including your app’s layout and features—through a SimiCart menu. This is a quick approach for brands who need only the bare minimum for a functional mobile shopping app and don’t demand too many features and customization works.
- Quick. You only have to wait 1-3 days to have your app.
- Integrate and connect easily with Magento.
- Fewer features.
- Less customization.
Each above way has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, there is still a special way to get the pros of 2 ways: SimiCart – The complete solution to create a Magento mobile app. With SimiCart, you can gain all the below pros:
- You will have your UNIQUE apps because SimiCart provides many themes & templates for you based on your business.
- Integrate & Synchronize easily with Magento because Simicart has been working with Magento for 5 years.
- Provide great customization to help you have all features you want.
- Price to build Magento app is 20% cheaper than other solutions.
- Wait only 2-3 days to have your own app.
- Lifetime support & update.
Start building the best app for your Magento website right now with SimiCart and gain a better competitive edge over your competitors.