Our world today is so much different from our previous generation’s. With the invention of the Internet, everything is fast and happens online. Long gone are those days when people shop around 3-4 stores with the total distance of a few kilometers deciding which product to buy. These days, all considerations are done online before we made it to the physical store and most of the products are just a few clicks away from us. The terms E-commerce or web store have been on the market for a while, but M-commerce and mobile shopping app etc. are quite newcomers.
1. The differences between E-commerce and M-commerce
Both of these terms have different meanings though both aim at making consumer lives easier. To better understand the differences between E-commerce and M-commerce, please have a look at the following table
|Definition||Electronic Commerce (or also called E-commerce) refers to the activities of buying and selling products and services with the use of electronic systems such as the internet.||Mobile Commerce (or also called M-commerce) refers to the process of buying and selling products and services with the use of internet/cellular data via wireless handheld devices.|
|Devices used||Computers, laptops…||Wireless handheld devices such as cell phones, iPads, tablets…|
|The use of Internet||Mandatory||Not mandatory(allow the use of offline mode, might not work properly though)|
|Connectivity||Smaller||Larger owing to the bigger number of mobile users|
|Mobility||Limited||Less limited because of lighter weight and smaller size leading to easier to carry|
|Reach||Only at the places where the electricity and the internet are available||Broader due to its portability|
|Payment gateway||Credit cards||Caller’s rate, mobile banking or user’s credit card|
|Usage||Less simple because of a more complicated user interface and more functions||Simple because all functions have been simplified|
|Platform used||Web stores||Web stores (mobile version/web app), hybrid app, native app|
|Cost||Less costly for the creation a web store and the use of internet||More costly for the creation of a mobile app and the use of cellular data|
2. Take advantage of M-commerce? Find SimiCart!
After considering the differences between E-commerce and M-commerce, you understood the benefits of M-commerce over E-commerce. Here I will show you the tip to take the most advantage of M-commerce.
When you finish purchasing SimiCart, a fully designed and configured Magento mobile app is only 4 simple steps away from you:
- Input data: Fill in your app’s basic descriptive information, such as name, logo, icon, theme color, etc.
- Install Connector: After purchasing, you will see Connector and all the plugins you want with their user guides. Read carefully and follow those guides to finish installation steps.
- Build App: At this step, you will begin building your app as you want. At first, you can create a test app and try using it on your phone. Then, if you feel any dissatisfaction, you can re-build your app at any time. If it satisfies you already, move to the final step.
- Publish: This step is when you put your app on Google Play or Apple Store. Here, there are 2 choices for you. You can have SimiCart published it for you (for free) or you can publish your app by yourself. It takes about 2 days for Google Play and 10 days for Apple Store to approve a mobile app. Once the approval process is complete, your customers can download your mobile app.
It usually takes only 20 to 30 minutes to finish 4 steps above and you will have your own mobile shopping app to start your M-commerce business in the fastest and simplest way.