What is Catalog Price Rules?
Magento 2 allows store owners to apply price rules for one or more categories. In the below example we created the rule “Black Friday” to apply a discount for any products in the “Video Download” category.
In your Magento 2 backend, go to Marketing > Promotions > Catalog Price Rule.
Click Apply Rules to enable the rule you just created (Black Friday rule in this case).
Check your frontend to see if this rule is applied or not.
As you can see, the Black Friday rule hasn’t been applied at all.
How to solve this problem?
Recheck your configuration
Your catalog price rules might not be working properly because they were not properly configured, or your testing setup does not fall into the conditions of the catalog price rule (e.g., incorrect customer group). Here are the most important things that you need to recheck:
- Time range: make sure that your start date and expiration date are correctly set
- Customer group: a specific customer group must be chosen and your testing setup must use that customer group to test
- Rule conditions: check that your conditions are correctly set and no other rules supersede your new catalog price rules
Manually apply the rules
It could be that your new catalog price rules were created & saved but not applied. In these cases, the system will show a warning like so:
The new catalog price rules won’t have an effect on your catalog unless you manually apply it by clicking on the Apply Rules button.
You can follow these simple methods to solve the catalog price rule error:
1. Open a command line tool (SSH or Terminal)
2. Access the root folder of your Magento 2 installation location
3. Run this line
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
4. Check your frontend to see if it’s working
It works now!
Update to Magento 2.4.2
Cart price rule does not apply (GraphQL) is a known bug in Magento Commerce & Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 – 2.4.1. To resolve this, you’ll need to apply MDVA-33975 Magento patch or update to Magento 2.4.2.