With consumer expectations at all time high, Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) is becoming the key initiative of ecommerce businesses for this coming year. And it’s to be expected—considering that PWA is the next evolution in front-end web technology, PWAs promise to bring the high speed and slick experience of a native app to the mobile browsers. This new technology has resulted in an incredibly improved performance, better user interaction, and increased mobile conversion for the retailers embracing it properly. From user-friendliness to unmatched load speed, PWA is setting the new standards for web interaction best practices.
By revolutionizing online shopping for customers, PWAs are expected to change and dominate the ecommerce landscape in 2022. This year we’ve seen a massive adoption of this modern web technology among online retailers of all sizes. A number of early adopters have already benefited from their successful transformation.
Here’s a list of the best Progressive Web Apps for ecommerce that have driven impactful results
George, the leading clothing brand based in the UK had their minds at the right place. They realized that the mobile shopping experience is now more important than ever and thus, wanted a solution to revamp their outdated mobile shopping experience—one which can bring a whole new look and feel to their storefront. And realizing that the mobile-first approach is best combined with a PWA, the brand went with a PWA-powered storefront, and the results couldn’t be better.
- 3.8x – Faster average page load time
- 2x – Lower bounce rate
- 31% – Increase in Conversion Rate
- 20% – More page views per visit
- 28% – Longer average time on site for visits from Home screen
A famous example of PWA done right is Eleganza — the well-known, high-end fashion brand located in the Netherlands. The brand was previously on Magento 184.108.40.206 but with Magento 1 nearing the end of its life, Eleganza wanted a solution to keep them on solid ground for many more years to come—and the new storefront built with PWA Studio is it.
Using Magento PWA Studio, the brand was able to successfully migrate to Magento 2, as well as to bring an overhaul to their customer experience. The new website is app-like, fully responsive, and the backend enhancements that come with Magento 2 and PWA also mean that the brand is now capable of driving true omnichannel experience.
- 76% increase in pages per session
- 23% faster average page load time
- 372% faster average server reaction time
- 104% for new users across all browsers; 82% increase in iOS conversion rate
- 2X more pages visited per session per user across all browsers
- 74% increase in time spent per session across all browsers
- 17% increase in conversions
- 53% increase in mobile sessions on iOS
- 8% increase in conversion rates on recovered carts via Push Notifications
- 76% higher conversions across browsers
- 14% more monthly active users on iOS; 30% on Android
- 4X higher interaction rate from Add to Homescreen
6. UK Meds
To start with, the brand was already highly reputable with leading customer service. There weren’t that many pharmaceutical companies capable of offering same & next day delivery to their customers, and this made the brand stand out as one of the very few reliable pharmaceutical brands in the UK.
All this called for a solution to help them keep up with the demands, as well as to drive the customer experience better, faster, and more engaging. And with the new PWA, the brand was able to see the results that they were looking for:
- An average “time to interactive” over 3G that is 4x faster than other UK Magento retailers (4 seconds v 16 seconds)
- 23% turnover growth since launch
- Users time on site with Flipkart lite vs. previous mobile experience: 3.5 minutes vs 70 seconds.
- 3x more time spent on site
- 40% higher re-engagement rate
- 70% greater conversion rate among those arriving via Add to Homescreen
- 3x lower data usage
- 50% decrease in bounce rates
- 30% increase in time spent on site
- 30% better conversion for users who arrived via Add to Home screen
- 92% less data for initial load, vs. native app
- 82% less data to complete first transaction, vs. native app
- 63% less data for initial load, vs. previous mobile web experience
- 84% less data to complete first transaction, vs. previous mobile web experience
Temoorst, one of the leading Kuwait-based brands in the disposable goods industry, wanted a solution that can keep them going steady for many more years to come. The brand used to face challenges in customer experience that kept them from delivering the kind of shopping experience that their customers were after, and this really reflected on their less-than-optimal conversion rate.
With the new PWA, Temoorst found that their customer experience was revamped. The new website developed by SimiCart is remarkably faster, more scalable, and equipped with the latest progressive features to satisfy today’s tech-savvy customers.
- 800% ROI
- Zero cumulative layout shift
- 97/100 Google PageSpeed Insights score
It’s your turn
Interested in Progressive Web Apps? SimiCart is here to answer your every PWA-related question and needs. And especially for Magento merchants looking to bring digital transformation to your store using PWA, we offer a complete and cost-effective solution for you and your store.