With consumer expectation at all time high, Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) is becoming the key initiative of ecommerce businesses for this coming year. Big winners in online retailing will continue to focus on making the mobile experience great for their customers.
As the evolution in front-end web technology, PWAs promise to bring the high speed and slick experience of a native app to the mobile browsers. This new technology has resulted in an incredibly improved performance, better user interaction and increased mobile conversion for the retailers embracing it properly. From user-friendliness to unmatched load speed, PWA is setting the new standards for web interaction best practices.
For those unfamiliar with the term "PWA", we have here a comprehensive guide to PWAs that should fill your every needs.
By revolutionizing online shopping for customers, PWAs are expected to change and dominate the ecommerce landscape in 2019. This year we’ve seen a massive adoption of this modern web technology among online retailers of all sizes. A number of early adopters have already benefited from their successful transformation.
Here’s a list of the best Progressive Web Apps for ecommerce that have driven impactful results (data by Google Developers):
9 Best Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) for E-Commerce 2019
The leading UK clothing brand from ASDA Walmart upgraded their site to a Progressive Web App (PWA) and saw a 31 percent increase in mobile conversion.
- 3.8x – Faster average page load time
- 2x – Lower bounce rate
- 31% – Increase in Conversion Rate
- 20% – More page views per visit
- 28% – Longer average time on site for visits from Home screen
- 38% Open rate
- 9X more conversion on previously abandoned carts from web push users
- 7.85% conversion rate on previously abandoned carts from web push users, vs. 4.5% for native app.
- 104% for new users across all browsers; 82% increase in iOS conversion rate
- 2X more pages visited per session per user across all browsers
- 74% increase in time spent per session across all browsers
- 17% increase in conversions
- 53% increase in mobile sessions on iOS
- 8% increase in conversion rates on recovered carts via Push Notifications
- 76% higher conversions across browsers
- 14% more monthly active users on iOS; 30% on Android
- 4X higher interaction rate from Add to Homescreen
- 12% click-through rate
- 100% more sales from users arriving via web push
- 4x increase in re-engagement
- Users time on site with Flipkart lite vs. previous mobile experience: 3.5 minutes vs 70 seconds.
- 3x more time spent on site
- 40% higher re-engagement rate
- 70% greater conversion rate among those arriving via Add to Homescreen
- 3x lower data usage
- 50% decrease in bounce rates
- 30% increase in time spent on site
- 30% better conversion for users who arrived via Add to Home screen
- 92% less data for initial load, vs. native app
- 82% less data to complete first transaction, vs. native app
- 63% less data for initial load, vs. previous mobile web experience
- 84% less data to complete first transaction, vs. previous mobile web experience
It’s your turn
Interested in Progressive Web Apps? SimiCart is here to answer your every PWA-related question and needs. And especially for online merchants looking for an all-around perfect Magento PWA solution for your eCommerce webstore, we offer a complete and cost-effective solution for you and your store.