Selected best Magento 2 Blog Extensions in 2020
- Better Blog by Mageplaza
- Magento 2 Blog Extension by Magefan
- Blog MX by Mirasvit
- Blog Extension for Magento 2 by LandOfCoder
- Magento 2 Blog Extension by MageArray
We know it’s already hard as-is — choosing an ideal blog extension for your Magento store — which is why today in our article, we do the job for you and narrowed the list down to just five best free Magento 2 Blog extensions for your store. The extensions chosen are selected based on a wide variety of requirements, such as popularity, numbers of features, rating, compatibility, etc — all to help make your extension-choosing process for your Magento 2 store a little bit easier.
Selected best Magento 2 Blog Extensions in 2020
1. Better Blog by Mageplaza
Better Blog by Mageplaza is your typical example of an ‘it just works’ extension as it requires little to no configuration at all. The extension, when installed, is integrated right into your Magento backend, thus enabling an easier time of managing your store.
It also comes with an extensive list of widgets for you to choose from, and combined with the fact that it’s 100% open source, importable with data from several other blog extensions on the market (such as Aheadworks, Magefan, etc), we think this one rightfully deserves the top spot on our list.
- Responsive design
- SEO friendly
- Multiselect categories
- Related posts in product page
- Blog Topics
- Comment: Built-in comment, Facebook Comment, Disqus Comment.
- Integrate Magento Sitemap or Blog sitemap
- Import aheadWorks M1 Blog, Magefan Blog
- Related Product slider block
- REST API and GraphQL-ready
Rating: 4.9 ⭐ (110 reviews)
Compatible with: Magento CE (2.0.X → 2.3.X) and Magento EE (2.3.X)
Price: $0.00 (CE) or $200.00 (EE)
2. Magento 2 Blog Extension by Magefan
While it isn’t as widely recommended as the top option, Magento 2 Blog Extension by Magefan is still a decent blog extension for Magento 2 that we feel worth recommending. The extension is easy to use, has extensive documentation that should help you easily set up your new blog page, and more importantly, it supports all the important features that help attract new visitors and engage existing readers.
- Unlimited blog posts, multi-level categories, and tags
- Multilanguage and Multiple Websites Support
- Facebook, Disqus, Google+, and Magefan Magento Comments
- Related products and posts
- Post media gallery & video
- Posts Lazy Load
- Author information and posts by authors
- Recent Posts, Featured Posts, Archive, Categories, Search From, Tags Cloud sidebar widgets
- Import Posts and Categories form WordPress and AW Blog extension for M1
- Posts and Categories duplication
- Support for REST API and GraphQL
- 100% Open Source
- Compatible with Porto Theme for Magento 2
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project support. To enable AMP view on blog pages Magento Amp Extension by Plumrocket is required.
- Blog Sitemap XML
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Structured Data
- Open Graph (OG) meta tags
- Canonical URL
Rating: 4.7 ⭐ (14 reviews)
Compatible with: Magento CE and Magento EE (2.2.X – 2.4.X)
Price: Free ($0), Plus ($149), Extra ($199)
3. Blog MX by Mirasvit
Like Mageplaza, Blog MX is also a free extension which should be sufficient for your everyday needs. The extension supports responsive design, RSS feed, Tag Clouds, featured image for posts, and many more typical features of a blog. From the demo page of Blog MX, we feel that it’s a decent alternative to More Blog by Mageplaza, although users might find themselves running into more troubles when configuring.
- SEO friendly posts and URLs
- Multi-level categories
- Ability to preview posts before publication or before save changes
- RSS Feed
- Tags and Tag Cloud
- Disqus comments
- Featured image for posts
- Ability to pin posts at the top
Rating: 4.8 ⭐ (5 reviews)
Compatible with: Magento CE and Magento EE
Join with thousands of other enthusiasts to receive the latest Magento and Progressive Web App news & tips.
4. Blog Extension for Magento 2 by LandOfCoder
The fourth blog extension on our list is from LandOfCoder. While they do make decent extensions, we think that the features offered in this blog extension — as well as reliability — are not on-par with other contenders. That and the documentation for this extension seems to be lacking in some aspects, and people generally complain about the difficulties when configuring the extension. Although to be fair, we think that Blog Extension for Magento 2 by LandOfCoder is simply beautiful when it works, as the extension does offer multiple themes and post layout styles for you to choose from. From a quick look at the front-end demo, you can know that it’s a decent alternative to other extensions.
- Create Unlimited Importers Smartly
- Support REST API for blog post and blog category
- Better SEO with sitemap generation and
- Multiple page layouts
- Live Design Editor
- Compatible with other themes and extensions
- Touch-Optimized Owl Carousel
- Fully responsive and optimized for mobile devices
- Integrated with latest social networks
- Support for Google Rich Snippets Code
- Open Graph Support
- Fast speed with Magento Block Caching
Rating: 5 ⭐ (65 reviews)
Compatible with: Magento CE (2.0.X – 2.3.X) and Magento EE (2.1.X – 2.3.X)
No GitHub Repository
5. Magento 2 Blog Extension by MageArray
Similar to our top options, Magento 2 Blog Extension by MageArray is also an excellent choice if you‘re looking for a decent and free Magento 2 blog extension. When integrated, the extension behaves as a fully functional blog module on top of your Magento backend, offering various features that should be adequate for your blogging needs. Features-wise, we feel Magento 2 Blog Extension by MageArray isn’t the best free blog extension that we’ve had our hands on, but for store owners who are not too demanding in terms of features and functionality, it’s still a good choice.
- Add blog posts with short and long content.
- Add Image to article with fast loading and auto-resize feature.
- Grid/list post arrangement.
- Category management with category wise posts listing.
- Author management with posts written by authors page. – Upcoming
- Post tagging feature for tag cloud and search post by tag
- Multistore support to have multilingual blogs or enable/disable posts per store.
- Comment management with approval, captcha, and email notification feature.
- Related products and blog posts per post.
- Latest and Popular Posts widget
- Search blog posts by keyword
- Customization URL, meta title, meta keywords and meta description per post, category, and author with Breadcrumb support to get maximum search engine visibility
- Social Sharing (With the help of MageArray’s Social Sharing Plugin)
Rating: 5 ⭐ (12 reviews)
Compatible with: Magento CE and Magento EE (2.1.X – 2.2.X)
Price: Free (not including fees for insttallation and support services)
And that’s it for the current best Magento 2 blog extensions! With a little bit of researching work beforehand, you should be able to pick for yourself a proper blog extension that can be the best fit for your store. And, as always, if you find any part in the article confusing, don’t hesitate to leave us a comment below! ?